Saturday 15 January 2011

Charmaine Olivia

Back to the blog! I am determined to feel inspired again! So firstly this clever lady- Charmaine Olivia from San Francisco. Not only does she describe herself as a tea drinker, which I always feel is a sound judge of character... but she does amazing illustrations and paintings which are beauuuuutiful! projects include Urban Outfitters, Nylon Magazine, Eyes on Walls, Envelop, Threadless, Infectious, illux.dk, Pingg, Bolia.com, Cool Hunting & Society6, to name a few.I've always loved drawing the female form, so these a right ole treat! It's amazing she is self taught too. Her black and white silhouettes are so pretty, remind me of artists square in Paris.. 



also some of her paintings:

feathers and skulls

ophelia/ boat shoulders
really like the raw wood background in this one

bears in hair
think this is actually one of my favourites, really like the more painterly look of the skin and the boldness of the red dots along with the bare wooden base.


1 comment:

  1. I fully agree with the tea-drinking judgement! ;) Love the silhouette ones - sooo pretty!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete