Thursday 1 September 2011

MWM graphics




Flipping love these. the bottom one is realllly like the sort of stuff I'd like to do in textiles but I love this one so much I don't know if I can ever live up to it's greatness! Maybe I'll just stop now...

MWM graphics (Matt W. Moore) based in Portland, Maine. Works include canvases, fashion, typefaces, murals... the list seems to be endless. I love the vibrant colours but I think I like the bottom one so much because of it's inclusion of some more toned down colours. I love working with bright accents amongst more subtle tones. The 3D qualities (especially of top image) also really interest me, remind me of my favourite graffiti artist, Daim... maybe there's another post in there.... I actually cant stop raving about this bottom one.. really like the inclusion of some textured panels.
Really looking forward to getting back to some graphic monoprinting, with some illuminants thrown in there... oooh layers. yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment